Managed IT security services protect businesses against a number of online threats such as cyber attacks, data breaches and loss, and network intrusion. This involves the use of various strategies, tools, and the implementation of procedures to maintain the integrity of yours, and your clients’ information.
Managed IT security services can encapsulate a wide range of services to perfectly suit the needs of your business and your IT network. These include:
- Network security – prevents unauthorised access to your network
- Internet security – protection of information online (e.g. firewalls, antimalware, antispyware)
- Endpoint security – protects individuals devices from accessing malicious networks
- Cloud security – protection when using cloud-based systems and storage
- Application security – evaluating the security coded into applications, and identifying any vulnerabilities
There are many different threats to IT security that can have a major impact on your business if left unchecked. These include:
- Malware – malicious software (e.g. spyware, ransomware, viruses)
- Man in the middle – often occurs when using public wifi; hackers position themselves between the user and the network, inserting malware.
- Phishing – fake communication, such as emails, to trick the receiver into providing their sensitive information. Hackers may pose as a bank, the Royal Mail, pension providers and more.
- SQL injection – the insertion of malicious code into SQL servers
- Password attacks – social engineering, gaining access to a password database, or simply guessing
You can find more information about this in our recent in depth blog.
Protecting your company’s data brings you more than peace of mind. Implementing a good Data Security practice within your organisation can help you secure the future of your business. The extra safety and reliability can also strengthen your bonds and relationships with your partners, extending the scope of your trading agreements.
When it comes to IT security and data protection, there is no one size fits all solution. Outsourcing IT security to a team of experts can save you valuable time and effort, whilst providing you with a bespoke solution. An effective cybersecurity strategy entails understanding the flows of information and correctly assessing the risk of data loss, theft, and potential sources of attack on your company.