IT Security Services FAQs
Managed IT security services protect businesses against a number of online threats such as cyber attacks, data breaches and loss, and network intrusion. This involves the use of various strategies, tools, and the implementation of procedures to maintain the integrity of yours, and your clients’ information.
Managed IT security services can encapsulate a wide range of services to perfectly suit the needs of your business and your IT network. These include:
- Network security – prevents unauthorized access to your network
- Internet security – protection of information online (e.g. firewalls, antimalware, antispyware)
- Endpoint security – protects individuals devices from accessing malicious networks
- Cloud security – protection when using cloud-based systems and storage
- Application security – evaluating the security coded into applications, and identifying any vulnerabilities
- Malware – malicious software (e.g. spyware, ransomware, viruses)
- Man in the middle – often occurs when using public wifi; hackers position themselves between the user and the network, inserting malware.
- Phishing – fake communication, such as emails, to trick the receiver into providing their sensitive information. Hackers may pose as a bank, the Royal Mail, pension providers and more.
- SQL injection – the insertion of malicious code into SQL servers
- Password attacks – social engineering, gaining access to a password database, or simply guessing