Cloud Phone Systems FAQs
Cloud based phone systems allow you to make calls over the internet, rather than over traditional telephone lines. Think calling someone over WhatsApp. A cloud based phone system can be used with a variety of devices, including traditional telephones (with adapters), smartphone apps, computer software, or VoIP enabled phones.
Like with cloud based computing, cloud based phone systems have a wide range of benefits, including:
- Fully integrated communications – helps employees to stay connected efficiently wherever they work from
- Control over services – allows businesses to pick and choose which features they need
- Mobility – helping employees to be reachable on the go – no more relying on static, office-based phones
- Scalability – easy scalability as your business grows
- Cost – cloud based phone systems can be less expensive than monthly service rates of a traditional phone system
One of the main things to consider when switching to a cloud based phone system is the availability of reliable internet services. Cloud based phone systems are efficient, and can boost productivity, but only if your employees have a reliable internet service where they are working from.
Cloud based phone systems are hosted in the cloud and, instead of calls being routed on-site via a PBX, your calls are routed via the internet through innovative switches in the cloud system.